Saturday, October 14, 2006

Practice Starts for the Blue Devils

As I woke up Saturday morning, I did my usual scanning of headlines at dukereport.com . The difference this day than the past few months? More articles. Yes, Duke fans the season has officially begun with Duke's first practice yesterday Friday the 13th. I for one am looking forward to the an exciting season. With the pending recruiting of Kyle Singler, and Patrick Patterson, us fans need to realize that the season is oh so close. One of the most excited people about the 06/07 Blue Devils is Coach Mike Krzyzewski.

"To me being the national coach, as much as I love coaching, I am so into coaching right now," Krzyzewski said. "Instead of being worn out going into the year I'm pumped," he added.

Throughout the summer, and especially since returning from duties with Team USA, Coach K has proclaimed that he can't wait to get together with his talented, athletic, and young team.

The first chance to watch the Blue Devils live will be the annual Blue-White Scrimmage on Saturday, Oct. 28. After two exhibition games against Shaw University on Nov. 2 and NC Central on Nov. 4, Duke will begin the season against Columbia which is the opening round of the CBE Classic(formerly the Guardians Classic).

On a side note, the game against Columbia is very important to me. A win for Duke means that I will be able to watch them for the first time live in Kansas City, which will be the semi-final game of the CBE classic. Just got my tickets, so "The Blue Devil Blog" readers will get a first hand review of that one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got your tickets. I'm still trying to look for reasonably priced tickets to watch Duke at Cameron. Make sure you get some good pictures and send them my way.

You're right about how with the first practice, college basketball has really begun. It's that cool time of year where Duke fans come back to their favorite websites, forums, and blogs. Everyone is excited and optimistic about the upcoming season.

This will be one of the most fun season to watch. There is less pressue on this team to go all the way. However, you know that's what they will be gunning for. This could be Josh's final year at Duke, and you know he's going to give it all he can to be bring home that trophy in April.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home