Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Horrible Play, Yields Duke Win

Tonight in my hometown there was a great high school basketball game to go see. Instead of going to that, I watched the worst first half of Duke basketball I am saw. Nothing was going in. We hardly were able to shoot, because every time we passed the ball it went out of bounds or someone fumbled it. Just a painful first half to watch.

In the second half, much like the Georgetown game, the play picked up for Duke. Shoots were going in, and Holy Cross didn't have the talent to keep up with Duke.

Duke fans might not want to think about this, but the question has to be asked.......Is Greg Paulus good enough to be "the man"? I have watched this kid play since last year, and I haven't seen any sort of consistence. Can his play get better, and will he be effective in the heart of the season? Only time will tell.

Is this all we are going to see from Josh McRoberts? McRoberts, in my mind still hasn't showed us what we all expected from one of the best players in his class. He still can't score in the twenties and that is what Duke needs right now.

These two questions hopefully will be answered by the only man who can......Coach K.

If Duke continues to play like this, I am not looking forward to ACC play. I hope that December is the month when Duke works out the bugs, and turns into the team I know they can be.


PLAYER OF THE GAME
Gerald Henderson
Fans might not agree, but his two three pointers in the second half, gave Duke the confidence they needed to start the 20-4 run that was the end of Holy Cross. He also contributed four rebounds.


Duke will host George Mason on Saturday. Early game folks.....12e/11c

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Oliver said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerald's play was a nice surprise. I just love seeing the last name HENDERSON on the back of a Duke jersey. It makes me think about Duke greats, David and Phil Henderson.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Henderson, not only did he hit both of those 3's, his first two of the year, but he grabbed that rebound off the Zoubek miss and kicked it out to Nelson for the 3 that gave them a 38-34 lead. I also agree it was like watching a high school game in a very uninspired gym. Take a look at my blog: http://bleedroyalblue.blogspot.com

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home